Monday, June 4, 2012

Of breves and emotions.

I've come to the realising that alot of the best music written,
Has two major components,
The right melodies,
And,
The perfect lyrics.

Yes, it's corny,
But hear me out,

Music,
Like any other art,
Is an expression of human emotion.

Honest emotions.

The right melodies come from deep inside,
You know when the melody that you hear is "good",
That it conveys the artist's feelings,
What he/she sees, hears, feels, is going through.
The same goes for lyrics.

I have always had an amazing respect for John Mayer as a musician,
His music isn't the most complicated technically,
It's simple to be honest,
So are his lyrics.
It's just that, in it's simplicity,
It's beauty is magnified by it's bravery.

Do you get me?
I don't.
I just, know.

“People want to see musicians sing things that come from their own mind and own heart in real time, responding to the moment for them.” Mayer.
Jon.



No comments:

Post a Comment